It’s another damp and humid day here in Central Ontario. And just as I was writing this we got a heavy rainfall warning for later this afternoon. I am so grateful for my air conditioner/dehumidifier for keeping me cool!
Yesterday I went down a real rabbit hole and lost more than a few hours brainstorming, planning, and getting excited about creating new things from old content! I was so out of it for a bit, that when Val messaged me about the Collaborate and Grow call yesterday afternoon, I thought I was late for it, so dropped what I was doing and ran to open up zoom. And then, when there was no one there I realized she meant 11 PST!
That got me back up out of the rabbit hole for a bit… for lunch, to go back out and get my laundry and do a little tidying up before the call actually started! But the excitement of what I’m planning to do for you is still with me even this morning. I didn’t fall asleep until about 2 a.m. this morning because I couldn’t stop thinking about things.
All this to say… beware the rabbit hole. When you catch the content repurposing bug (and that’s not a bad thing if you have a stash of content that needs to be used), you can really get focused on all of the possibilities. And believe me, when the ideas start flowing it’s an amazing feeling!
I don’t want to give too much away yet, but I came up with a new membership idea, plus several products as well as the beginnings of content plans for 3 niche blogs that I plan to build and flip. I think I wrote about 10 pages of notes and ideas.
I’m also going to be refreshing and updating the Creative Repurposing Facebook Group so if you’re not a member over there, you can join us here: Creative Repurposing Facebook Group
A couple of other announcements before we get going this morning:
1. I’m planning on recording the bonus implementation for Julie’s Mindful Wellness content tomorrow, so it should be in your Warrior Plus area tomorrow afternoon.
2. If you’re waiting on the Goal Setting Content Implementation to start, I haven’t forgotten you. I decided to build out a new site for it, and that’s almost done. Look for an email from me this weekend with access details. (I decided not to use the Heartbeat Community for now)
And with that, here’s what I have for you today…
Today’s Read: 8 Reasons to Consider Rewriting DFY Content
There are several reasons to consider rewriting DFY content before you publish or repurpose it. When you set out to use the content you just purchased, the very least you should do is give it a new title and change out or add images to make it at least a little different. After that it depends on what you’re going to do with the content that determines how much you might need to rewrite it.
The truth is, most people purchase DFY content in order to save time and effort. Not everyone loves writing, and that makes creating content feel like a chore to be avoided at all costs.
That’s where done-for-you content comes in. The problem is that sometimes you just want to slap the content up and get it out there without changing it. After all, that’s what you’re supposed to be able to do with it, right? Having to spend time rewriting it can lead to feelings of frustration and wondering what the point of having DFY content even is.
The thing is, there are times when you don’t have to rewrite the content you’ve purchased. But there are other times when it is absolutely necessary to rewrite before publishing.
Quick Links (for readers in a hurry)
- Email Results Challenge from Angela Wills – runs from July 1 to September 30 – registration closes July 7
- NEW!! The Gratitude Attitude – 340 Affirmations and Guided Meditations – with my bonus replay of a brainstorming session for these types of packages.
- Maximum Revenue! Discover Your Zone of Genius from Coach Glue is on sale through Thursday for only $27 when you use promo code 27
- Health and Wellness Retirement Sale from Jennifer ends tonight. Get 17 products for $17 through midnight EST
- Summer Spin to Win Sale from Catherine at Printables Academy on through June 30
- Routines for the Soul from Piggy Makes Bank – use coupon code SOUL to save $10
- Game Changing Prompts to Boost Your Traffic from Denise and Andy at the AI Success Club is on sale through June 30 to celebrate Denise’s birthday. Use coupon code DENISEBDAY to save 64% at checkout
4 Picks for Today
Pick #1 – Registration Extended! Angela Wills is running an Email Results Challenge that starts on July 1 that goes all the way through Q3 to September 30. This is a challenge focused on getting results for people who already have a list and want to grow it and make sales from it. I’m going to be working on building a brand-new list in Q3 so that I can run some case studies and change formats, and this is perfect for me to be able to do that.
Here are the challenge details:
- Starts July 1st and runs to September 30th, 2023.
- Includes Challenge PDF Guide, Cohort Facebook Group, Accountability and Draws for Prizes for Action Takers.
- The cost is a one-time $80 OR you can get it included with your Email Practice Club membership. (Both options are on the sales page)
Check out the Email Results Challenge (registration closes July 7)
Pick #2 – The Gratitude Attitude – 340 Affirmations and Guided Meditations from JR Lang is my second pick for today. I love this kind of content because you can do so much with it in terms of repurposing. It includes: 340 affirmations, Report, 3 guided meditations, 6 workbooks/journals, 17 editable graphics, 3 videos, emails, newsletters, and more… And as a bonus I will give you access to the replay of a brainstorming session I did with on a previous 340 affirmations package so you can hit the ground running in terms of getting the most out of this content package. Email me your receipt after purchase and I’ll send you back the link.
Pick #3 – Maximum Revenue! Discover Your Zone of Genius from Coach Glue is on sale through Thursday for only $27 when you use promo code 27. The content covers:
- Step 1: The Ultimate Secret to Doing Highly Paid Work You Love
- Step 2: Figure Out What Naturally Fills You Up & Tap Into More Flow, Fun and Funds
- Step 3: Pinpoint What Isn’t “Your Thing”–So You Can Finally Find What Is
- Step 4: Why You Shouldn’t Just “Stick with What You’re Good At” If You Want to Make MORE Cash–Without the Crash
- Step 5: Deliberately Shape Your Days for More Income & Less Overwhelm
- Step 6: Delegate Like a Diva So You Can Cash in Like a CEO
Ends Tonight!! Pick #4 – Health and Wellness Retirement Sale from Jennifer is on now through Monday. She is retiring 17 products from her shop, and you can pick up the bundle of all $17 for only $17 during this sale.
A Couple More Deals You Might Like
NEW!! Catherine at Printables Academy is having a Summer Spin to Win Sale now through June 30. Spin the Wheel to earn between 20. 30. or 40% discounts on anything in her Printables Academy shop, including the monthly or yearly all access pass!
Routines for the Soul is my next pick, and this is the latest wellness content from Piggy Makes Bank. You get 30 Articles, 30 Emails, eBook Compilation, 30 Social Media Posts, the “How to Run an Email Challenge” Guide, and an eBook/Workbook combo. Use coupon code SOUL to save $10 at checkout.
Game Changing Prompts to Boost Your Traffic from Denise and Andy at the AI Success Club is on sale through June 30 to celebrate Denise’s birthday. Use coupon code DENISEBDAY to save 64% at checkout. This AI Success Club Playbook includes 33 exclusive traffic-generating promtps you can use to tap into ChatGPT and increase your visibility.
And of course, there are always freebies:
FREE! Cute Drawing and Illustration Day Live Workshop with Lisa Glanz from Design Cuts on Wednesday, June 28.
FREE! Live Creative Freelance Event at Design Cuts on Thursday, June 29. There are three workshops that cover:
- 2:00PM James Martin – How to Connect with Your Audience and Remain Relevant
- 3:00PM Anneli Hanson – From Target Audience to Ideal Client
- 4:00PM Mike Janda – Finding Potential Clients
NOTE: All times are UK time
NEW! Design Cuts Weekly Freebie – Cute Kiddie Patterns & Posters
That’s it for me today. I’m off to find some dinner, and then I’m going to see if I can’t get tomorrow’s and Thursday’s newsletters mostly finished up tonight. Tomorrow I’m planning on a video recording day, and on Thursday Shaun and I are going golfing so it’s a busy couple of days coming up.
Have an amazing day! Create what makes your heart happy!
See you tomorrow!